Science & Research
- Benefits Sharing in the National Parks — Benefits sharing occurs when the NPS receives monetary or other benefits from a discovery or invention with a commercial application resulting from research originating under an NPS Scientific Research and Collecting Permit, or other permit or authorization.
- Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Units (CESUs) - A network of cooperative research units established to provide research, technical assistance, and education to resource and environmental managers. Each CESU is structured as a working collaboration among federal agencies and universities.
- Environmental Contaminants Encyclopedia — A tool that can be used to quickly ascertain general information about 118 environmental toxicology elements, compounds, and products.
- Fire and Aviation Management — The NPS Wildland Fire Management Program emphasizes safety, science, and stewardship. Three separate branches—Wildland Fire, Structural Fire, and Aviation—work together with various interdisciplinary and interagency partners to fulfill the NPS mission of protecting and preserving America's heritage.
- GeoScientists-in-the-Parks — The National Park Service is looking for experienced earth science professionals and students to work with park staffs to help them understand and manage the resources through examining the geology, water, air, and integrated sciences.
- Natural Resource Challenge — The Natural Resource Challenge, created in 1999 and first funded in FY 2000, has increased the professional expertise of natural resource managers; introduced and expanded research, protection, and restoration projects; improved education efforts; and supported cooperative programs that engage partners in studying natural resources.
- NPS Research and Reporting System — This site helps investigators find out about park needs for research, apply for permission to conduct scientific studies pertaining to natural resources or social sciences within park units, and to report on their research accomplishments.
- Park Science — The quarterly research and resource management bulletin of the National Park Service.
- Research Learning Centers — Research Learning Centers facilitate research efforts and provide educational opportunities for all people to gain new knowledge about the national parks.
Last Updated: December 09, 2014