For the more information about oceans month, please visit http://www.nature.nps.gov/features/oceans/.
Are you one of the 86 million park visitors who...
- picnics on the beach at a national recreation area?
- casts for salmon in the midst of spectacular mountain scenery in Alaska?
- explores secluded barrier islands by boat or kayak in the Atlantic and Gulf Coast national seashores?
- pitches a tent or hook up the RV at a national lakeshore?
- spots birds frequenting national seashores along the Atlantic Flyway?
- goes scuba diving or snorkeling in the kelp forests of California or coral reefs in Florida, Pacific islands, and the US Virgin Islands?
Don't miss out on the opportunity to explore ocean (and Great Lakes) parks. Fishing, boating, diving, kayaking, swimming, camping and other activities can be found in many of the 85 parks across 26 coastal states. Many are closer than you think! Explore the ocean and coastal park finder to locate a park near you.
Last Updated: June 01, 2012