For the more information about oceans month, please visit http://www.nature.nps.gov/features/oceans/.
Visiting ocean parks helps you learn first-hand about sea life, ocean ecology, and more. Many parks offer ranger-led programs that introduce you to the animals and plants that live in the sea. Explore the ocean and coastal park finder to locate a park near you.
If you can't get to an ocean park, you can still explore what lies beneath the waves. Here are some websites to get you started:
- NPS Ocean Ecology and Conservation Video Series
- Acadia National Park eCruise
- Channel Islands National Park Videos
- Dry Tortugas National Park Video
- Channel Islands Live Dive: Virtual "Hikes" through the Kelp Forest for Students and General Audiences
- NPS Webrangers: Ocean Life Matching Game, Water Exploration, and Rip Currents
- Views of the National Parks: Cape Lookout NS, Coastal Geology, and Storms
- Teaching Ocean Science: Barrier Islands and Sea Level Rise (Assateague Island NS)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Education Resources
Last Updated: June 04, 2012