This webpage provides access to a variety of publications on air quality information in national parks. The "Top Picks" list features items that have been recently published or are the most requested. A collection of air quality publications, including reports and journal articles, can also be accessed below by browsing a specific topic area. Journal articles authored by Air Resources Division (ARD) staff will be provided in full, however, when articles of interest are authored by non-ARD staff, only citations will be listed due to copyright restraints.
- Assessing the risk of nitrogen deposition to natural resources in the Four Corners area (February 2013; pdf, 3.3 MB)
- National Park Service Visitor Values & Perceptions of Clean Air, Scenic Views & Dark Night Skies; 1988-2011 (February 2013; pdf, 1.23 MB)
- Yellowstone Over-snow Vehicle Emission Tests – 2012; Summary Vehicle Data and Fleet Estimates for Modeling (January 2013; pdf, 980 KB)
- Gaseous Pollutant Monitoring Program: Annual Data Summary Reports (Updated October 2012)
- 2010 Monitoring and Tracking Wet Nitrogen Deposition at Rocky Mountain National Park (August 2012; pdf, 1.8 MB)
- Sierra Nevada-Southern Cascades (SNSC) Region Air Contaminants Research and Monitoring Report (July 2012; pdf, 2.8 MB)
- Setting Limits: Using Air Pollution Thresholds to Protect and Restore U.S. Ecosystems (November 2011; pdf, 1.5 MB)
- Greater Yellowstone Area Critical Loads Science Workshop (April 2011; 1.7 MB)
- 2009 Monitoring and Tracking Wet Nitrogen Deposition at Rocky Mountain National Park (September 2011; pdf, 6 MB)
- Assessment of foliar ozone injury on bioindicator plant species at Rocky Mountain National Park; results form 2006-2009 (2011; pdf, 246 KB)
- NPS Acidification Sensitivity Assessment (2011)
- NPS Nitrogen Sensitivity Assessment (2011)
- Technical Guidance on Assessing Impacts to Air Quality in NEPA and Planning Documents (January 2011; pdf, 1.3 MB)
- Air Quality in National Parks: 2009 Annual Performance & Progress Report (November 2010; pdf, 2.9 MB)
- Federal Land Managers' Air Quality Related Values Work Group (FLAG)
Phase 1 Report—Revised (2010) (November 2010; pdf, 4.9 MB)
NOTE: A minor revision to page 23 of FLAG 2010 regarding recommended use of the CALPUFF dispersion model was made on 11/10/2010 following the reports release on 10/28/2010.
- Federal Land Managers' Air Quality Related Values Work Group (FLAG) Phase 1 Report—Response to Public Comments (2010) (October 2010; pdf, 1.2 MB)
Browse By Topic
To browse available publications by topic, select a topic area from the drop-down list below.
Disclaimer: Links within documents provided on these webpages were valid as of the date published.