Northeast Regional Air Quality Information
The following links provide information on air quality in the Northeast Region from State Air Quality Agencies and Regional Planning Organizations (multi-state and Tribal organizations established to address regional haze and related issues). The Northeast Region is often defined to include Virginia and therefore a link is provided for the South Appalachian Mountains Initiative (SAMI), a comprehensive report on air quality and sensitive resources in national parks including Shenandoah. A link to a Real-time Webcam provides live pictures and corresponding air quality conditions from scenic urban and rural locations in the Northeast.
- State AQ Agencies (CT, DE, MA, MD,
ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV)
- Regional AQ Planning Organizations: – Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Visibility
- New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers (NEG/ECP)
Union (MANE-VU): CT, DE, MA,
MD, ME, NH, NY, PA, RI, VT;
– Northeast States for Coordinated
Air Use Management (NESCAUM):
CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VT;
– Northeast Regional Air Quality
Committee (NERAQC): ME, MA,
– Visibility Improvement State and
Tribal Association of the Southeast
(VISTAS): VA, WV.